ADVERTISEMENT

"Need the big guys up front". I caught the end of the Sugar Bowl

frpgtp

Senior
Jan 20, 2005
the Big 6 was a real disappointment- mismatches all around. Normally I don't have much of an opinion on announcers- they all bring something to the booth ( Although Fowler and Davis remind me of stereotypical jock sniffers-I'll take musberger any day)

Huard, at the end mentioned that, and I'll paraphrase, " all the seven on seven guys are great but to win at the highest level, as we've seen in the bowls the last few days, you have to have guys up front- on both sides of the ball"

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but, you want SC back to historical levels- that's it, period. I cringe with these daily blasts about 2016-2017 prospects that are about 70-30 weighted toward skill guys. That is not a criticism of the kids, simply stating the obvious. I heard Bill Parcells answer a question once on why he went to a 3-4 defense- " well if you look around colleges and the population in general, there are more people in the 5'9" - 6'3" range that can move than 6'5" guys that can do the same"

Simply put, it's tougher to find and sign these guys, but the colleges that do-win. AND get coaches that can do it, develop them and get them to the pros. There, I have solved all SC's problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News