Better or Worse?

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

2. uscsportsfan55

uscsportsfan55 Recruit
    Expand Collapse

wow, I almost forgot how cynical Chris Swanson is. lol I always enjoy the podcast as Swanson is almost ALWAYS WRONG. lol so it makes it entertaining to hear someone talk out the side of their neck. just talking total nonsense lol. Glad Chris is staying true to himself. But I enjoyed Adam's feedback as it's clear he has done is research. Hey Chris, it might be time for you to consider moving on. Trust me, you would not be missed. lol

Chris Swanson likes this.
  3. Chris Swanson

Chris Swanson War Daddy
    Expand Collapse

You would definitely miss me, you just said I'm the reason you love this podcast! :)

4. DJ Nice

DJ Nice Recruit
    Expand Collapse

It seems like the Orange County hype machine is partly to blame as many of the quarterbacks that sign with USC and ther colleges hail from that particular county, in particular from Mater Dei. And the recruiting sites feed into it as well. In fact, once USC starts recruiting one those OC quarterbacks, their rankings seem to rise. Next thing you know, these guys are rated 4 and 5 stars, when they're probably only worthy of 3 stars. The only way to judge these high QBs is see how they perform in the playoffs and in all-star games against college level competition. The only I do like about JT Daniels is his high school team made it a point to play several ranked teams from out of state during his senior season. So you get to gauge how he performed against high caliber teams that only had college bound players. But I'm usually skeptical of high school QBs from OC. They rarely pan out, Carson Palmer and Sam Darnold being the few exceptions.

Chris Swanson likes this.
  5. legreeib

legreeib Plebe
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Matt Barkley was a legit college quarterback. In my opinion if we didn't have sanctioned and we could have recruited the proper amount of alignment to put out a better offensive line his senior year he be looked at more highly. Obviously in NFL he's been a bust.

6. DJ Nice

DJ Nice Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Barkley was a legit college QB but so many guys we've recruited in high school didn't even pan out as college QBs, let alone NFL QBs as Adam and Chris pointed out. And that's what I meant. I liked Barkley as a college QB but I knew he wouldn't pan out in the NFL because he doesn't have a strong arm and no mobility. I'm just saying many Orange County QBs are overrated. Hopefully that's not the case with JT Daniels but I've seen it so many times. We really need him to hit the ground running. I have no confidence in the other guys.