ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bru McCoy informs Texas he's transferring

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Bru McCoy took another major step toward USC on Friday.

The freshman wide receiver informed Texas he is transferring, OrangeBloods.com reported. He then issued a statement via Greg Biggins on Twitter confirming his decision. As we reported Thursday, McCoy had made the decision some time ago to return to USC and is in the process of formally doing so.

The Class of 2019 five-star prospect did not mention the Trojans specifically in his statement but noted the need to "earn back the trust and respect I've lost as a result of this process," seemingly alluding to his previous stint at USC.

Here's McCoy's full statement:

"After a lot of thinking and talking with my family, I’ve decided to leave UT and return home. This is purely a personal decision and is no reflection on the University of Texas. It has been an honor and a privilege of the UT community. UT is a fantastic school with an exceptional program. I have the utmost respect for Coach Herman, his staff, and the players.

"I did not expect this turn of events, but am confident this is the best decision for me and my family. I’ve worked extremely hard to get where I am today. I am extremely grateful for the opportunities I have and do not take them for granted. I appreciate those who have supported me even before I’ve set foot on college football field. I will do my best to earn back and trust and respect I’ve lost as a result of this process. I will work hard to be the best teammate and person I can be as I prepare for the chance to compete again in the future. Thank you."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News