ADVERTISEMENT

Chris S...

USCBalto

Alumni
Feb 6, 2013
Hey Swanson, just listened to the podcast and I wanted to clear up a couple things. Hey man, I wasn't intending to say your opinions aren't sound or good opinions by saying all that about your signature sign-off is "I don't know? What do I know? It's just my opinion, people don't agree...I guess I'm just stupid!" My point was simply that you usually make a really good argument in defense of your position (whether I agree with it or not and in most cases I actually do) and you'll go on and make good points and make a good argument and then you'll get to the end and throw in that "But...I don't know? What do I know? It's just my opinion, people don't agree...I guess I'm just stupid!" I've seen you do it on many occasions both in messageboard replies and podcast answers. I think it's just you showing humility, but it always strikes me as funny. You stand up for yourself and your opinion and make a great argument and then defuse it with a run of self-deprecating comments. So, in an attempt at humor for the podcast, I brought it up - I wasn't at all commenting on the validity of your opinions, just commenting on that kind of funny way you always sort of trail off your contested opinions. Go back and listen to old podcasts you'll hear it. ;)

And also, you're right, I'd totally take Saban as headcoach in a heartbeat and I wouldn't even delete my post. I don't think he's that bad a guy, he's a typical morally ambiguous football coach. But he's a winner. I was just again trying to ham it up for the podcast and be able to segue into implying that Chris Morales was a eunuch that crawled around on all fours. Perhaps I shouldn't quit my day job... But, yeah, don't make the mistake of taking anything I say or write seriously. I mean what do I know? It's just my attempt at humor? People don't think it's funny...I guess I'm just stupid...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News