ADVERTISEMENT

Football Clay Helton says Kenan Christon will not redshirt

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
Clay Helton said on Trojans Live that freshman RB Kenan Christon will keep playing this season and not redshirt. USC had to make that decision this week as Christon has already played in four games.

"I think Kenan has done an unbelievable job while those three other backs have been out, and I felt last game was his best game, most complete game by far. So we're going to give him the honor of going out there and we're going to continue playing him," Helton said. "We made that commitment to play him for the rest of the season, just where we are with the other backs. He's produced and he deserves that."

Stephen Carr is expected to be a full participant at practice Tuesday and has a chance to return this week after missing three games with a hamstring strain. Vavae Malepeai is also nearing a return after missing four games following a minor knee surgery, but it's not a lock he's cleared to play this week.

Dominic Davis, who is serving as RB depth for the Trojans, could also be available after being out with a concussion.

"We had a light walkthrough today. I thought there was some confidence in Stephen today. He is going to practice tomorrow, so I'll get a great taste for where he's at. I think Vae's a little bit behind him, so we'll progress Vae. I think by Wednesday or Thursday we'll know exactly where he's at, but he's slightly behind Stephen," Helton said.

Reactions: bsoliver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News