ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoffs 2018-2019 Season - setting expectations...

SC55OU19

Legend
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2005
Ok folks, time to set some expectations for next season. My prediction for next year is that the Pac-12 will NOT represent the Final 4 CFP - I know, I know, duh.

Below is the pool of teams that WILL/MAY make the Final 4 - Four of these 10 teams (only) will be in Final 4 CFP (no Pac-12 teams will qualify per final committee):
  1. Alabama
  2. Georgia
  3. Clemson
  4. Ohio State
  5. Wisconsin
  6. Miami
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Penn State
  9. Auburn
  10. Notre Dame
A few realities you must keep in mind:
  1. The Conference Championship game is practically irrelevant - A precedent has been set by the Committee - for some reason, many on this board like this method/system. Sigh.
  2. The Pac-12 does not have the Offensive Line & Defensive Lines to compete for Final 4. Pac-12 skill players can play with anybody in the nation but skill players are dime-a-dozen. West Coast lines are not CFP worthy....Hey, "Upperr" why do you think this is the case?
  3. There is both an objective and subjective bias against Pac-12 due to the Big 3 Teams (USC, Stanford, UDUB) failing to represent in the 2017 bowl games. In fact, another UCF type team has the potential to leap frog a Pac-12 champion.
I am just helping folks get to the place of "acceptance" in the 7 stages of grief. Just helping you out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News