ADVERTISEMENT

Honest questions for those who oppose intervention against ISIS

Chase_in_NYC

War Daddy
Dec 8, 2001
Look ... I think it's a fair point about getting into foreign entanglements. But mine is really a question about where to draw lines.

Would you have opposed sending troops to fight the Nazis? Hitler did declare war on the U.S., but the U.S. was under no threat from Hitler.

Along those lines, what about the demand for an unconditional surrender against Imperial Japan? True, Japan had actually struck the U.S. territory -- but Japan was never a threat to invade the main land .... and 6 months after the bombing of Pearl, the U.S. Navy had all but effective defeated the Japanese Navy at Midway. After Midway, Japan was no threat at all to the U.S.

And how about NATO? U.S. military power was a bullwark against further Soviet Expansion into Western Europe. The Soviets could have taken Sweden, Denmark, Norway ... even West Germany ... and not been a credible threat against the U.S. main land.

So, my questions are whether you supported those policices:

1. Ground troops fighting in North Africa, Italy, France, etc. against the Nazis

2. Demanding unconditional surrender from Japan in order to agree to a ceasefire

3. NATO

?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News