ADVERTISEMENT

Football Is it Kam Fountain's time to shine?

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
My takeaway from what D'Anton Lynn said today is that he'll get some reps, but there's no guarantee he has a notable role immediately even with Anthony Lucas out. Sounds like we're going to see more Sam Greene and Solo before we see a ton of Fountain. But maybe he was just being coy.

How do you redistribute Anthony Lucas' snaps and how ready is Kam Fountain to maybe take on a share of them?

"You know, I don't know exactly, it's going to just depend on the flow of the game, but Kam is going to be a guy that his role is going to continue grow. Again, I don't know exactly what it's going to be this week, but he is going to get some time. He's been doing good stuff in practice. He's flashed all camp, so I'm just excited that he gets a chance to go out there and do it on actual game day now."

Is he still a little bit raw in some areas at this point?

"Very, very, but you know, all the freshmen are at this point."

Where have you seen Kam grow some?

"Just his football IQ. For him to come in here and to play a different position and to learn everything we're doing up front, it was completely different for him. Just his knowledge of the scheme and football overall."

Reactions: AlpineTrojan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.