ADVERTISEMENT

Football Isaiah Langley discusses heated sideline moment after safety

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
As most are aware, the TV broadcast of USC's loss to Cal captured a heated moment on the sideline after that pivotal safety.

From the video replay, cornerback Isaiah Langley appeared to bump quarterback JT Daniels on the sideline, while Daniels seemed confused as to what had just happened. Langley looked to exchange words with left tackle Austin Jackson was walking through the offensive group and past Daniels.

Right tackle Chuma Edoga, who was in street clothes and out with a knee injury, calmed Langley down further up the sideline as they shook hands and moved on.

I thought Daniels had referenced it unprompted when he said this about the safety:

"It wasn't like the safety got us all out of the groove. We weren't fighting on the sideline because we had one bad snap," he said.

In response to that comment, I asked him what had happened on the sideline he asked who it was between. He was told Langley and that it looked like he was right in the area.

"No idea. ... I definitely wasn't paying attention to it," he said.

Langley also initially played coy before discussing it.

"Oh, after the safety, we were just butting heads. You know, I had comment[ed] something, I guess they didn't like it and it is what it is," he said. "But we should have came out and played better in the second half -- there's no excuse. Whatever happened on the sideline, penalties or whatever, we could have came back."

Langley didn't want to get into what he said exactly.

"That's a team thing. Whatever happens between us is going to stay between us -- it doesn't need to be exposed," he said.

Which is fair. And not that this was a huge deal in any way or requires some intensive reflection.

Just in case anyone was curious, here were their explanations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News