ADVERTISEMENT

Football Michael Pittman: 'Sometimes we just got to want it more'

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Junior wide receiver Michael Pittman has been the Media MVP of 2018. He offered a couple interesting thoughts on his head coach and quarterback this week.

--on making it a point to be vocally supportive of Clay Helton and what he believes can be accomplished moving forward
"I think a lot of it is people don’t realize that he can’t play the game for us. I just see a man that is up there, he goes home like once a week for like seven hours to see his wife and then he’s back. So I see a man that’s busting his tail and I feel like us as players, I feel like sometimes we just got to want it more. We just got to get after it harder. I feel like that’s what it comes down to. He can’t play the game for us. He’s the most fired up person on this whole team and we really just got to change that. I try to get people fired up for games. We just got to come out hot and stay hot. Because we come out hot and then we get flat. If we can just keep on coming with that fire, I feel like we’ll be alright."

--on the criticism JT Daniels has received this season
"You see a kid who came in who didn’t have spring, who came in summer and had to split reps with two guys, and he really didn’t get that development that he needed coming in as a young guy, because he had to compete for a job and we had to see everyone evenly. I feel like he’s getting his development now."

Reactions: KKuzma2017
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News