ADVERTISEMENT

Notes on DNC, day 1

GaryTD

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2001
1. I thought Michelle O did well and has that family trait of reading the teleprompters with gusto. For the lady who stated earlier in her career that she wasn't proud of her country, she now seemed to feel, as a Paraphrase that everything is awesome looking forward. OK, but hasn't the USA lost millions of jobs, had millions more go on food stamps and be in poverty, while the debt has doubled in the last 8 years? To each their own.

2. Warren was the attack dog as expected. Must have been fed and extra bowl of Kibble before she went on. But her platform is diminished now. When she endorsed Hillary she received some retorts from the Bernie fans of "We trusted you!"

3. I felt sorry for Bernie . The guys campaign was amazing, especially for a 74 year old. But he played the good soldier. However his followers were protesting outside the arena and verbally violent about not voting for Hillary , "not Hill but Jill"- the green party candidate. Inside the chants of Bernie prevailed and he had a 5-10 minute or more cheering before he spoke. But at the end when endorsing Hillary he was booed (for that concession).

4. The former DNC chairwoman resigned because of the E-Mail scandal as requested by Bernie. But she now has a new job working under Hillary. What does it matter, after all.

5.The first night went well in spots, and tough in other spots, but the underlying hacked E-mail rumors, no- not the Secretary of State ones, had insights into DNC plans to decrease Bernie's hold on the ticket. And crass racial, misogynistic, and anti-Semitic e-mail notes were disclosed. Of course all this hacking was said to be a Trump-Putin thing, or maybe Nixon's ghost. Dems are great at "projecting". Of course Hillary never heard of this per her 60 minute interview.

Overall I think that the night was OK for DNC being the first night, but in terms of making a big splash maybe not so. Too many distractions. Grade C+.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News