ADVERTISEMENT

Notes on the NCAA -6th week…..

GaryTD

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2001
This seems to be the time when polls have shown at about the half way point what the teams are really capable of doing. So I was curious as to what the per-season judgments were vs. the present.

In the top 10 there were 3 SEC teams (Ala., Geo., Aub.) , 2 ACC teams (Clem., Miami) 1 PAC12 team U of Wash.) , 3 Big 10 ( Wisc., Ohio St., Penn St.) and 1 big 12 (Okla.) .

After this weekend its 2 SEC teams (Ala.#1, Geo #2.) , 1 ACC team (Clem.#4) 1 PAC12 team (U of Wsh.#7) , 2 Big 10 ( Ohio St. #3, Penn St. .#8) and 2 big 12 (W.Va. #6, Texas #9) with Notre Dame (#5) and UCF (#10).

Of the original 25 teams those that are gone : USC, TCU, FSU, Mich. St., Stanford, Va. Tech, and BSU.

There are 11 undefeated teams in the top 25. The only PAC10 one is Colorado at 5-0. Six of these are positioned above UW. This is making Coach Petersen already sensing that his team could be hanging outside the playoffs. 3 teams have 2 losses …all are SEC teams at 4-2 (Miss. St., TAMU and Auburn- the team that beat UW). Welcome to the NCAA world.

OTOH looking at the PAC12 with no USC game this week, here's what I saw: UW didn’t do themselves favors by struggling with 0-4 UCLA. The latter is slowly improving but UW has the sole PAC1 spotlight nationally. Stanford without Love is mundane offensively with 42 net yards running, and lost to Utah who played well and enjoyed a plus 4 Turnover margin. Colorado hosted ASU and had a solid game dominating it but wining by 7. More on UC later this week. The PAC12 South and North have each won 5 games vs. the other division (5-5).

My top 5….nearly the same as the AP…..though Ala and Geo still have the lowest SOS. Ala-Geo-Clem-ND-Ohio st,

Reactions: blown55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News