ADVERTISEMENT

OV recap: Culture at USC leaves a big impact on OL target Alai Kalaniuvalu

Matt Moreno

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
SoCal
usc.rivals.com

I made a stop by Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas today to check in with four-star offensive lineman Alai Kalaniuvalu after his official visit to USC over the weekend. It was a productive experience, and the Trojans have pushed themselves up his list after the trip to LA. Time spent with Josh Henson and Lincoln Riley really made an impact on him, and overall he enjoyed his time around the program.

BYU and Nebraska have already hosted him for official visits while Utah, Michigan and Oregon will get their opportunities to do so before he makes a decision this summer. You can read the full update at the link up top, but here's some of what he had to say about his trip with the Trojans.

"For me, the biggest takeaway is the culture and the history and then coach Henson, the offensive line coach. Just sitting down and talking with him, he really knows and understands the game. It was crazy to me all the things that I learned as he was teaching me how to recognize a blitz. Their calls are definitely professional and at the NFL level. That was probably my biggest takeaway."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News