ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 Tournament

Devin Ugland

Senior
Staff
Nov 27, 2012
So we have Max Meyer in Las Vegas for USC's opening round Pac-12 Tournament game vs. Arizona State today. I'm recovering from surgery over the next week or so, but that doesn't mean I can't provide some (groggy) thoughts on what might happen in this game today.

Despite being without Jordan McLaughlin and Strahinja Gavrilovic, I think USC has a decent shot at winning this afternoon, setting up a third matchup against UCLA.

USC lost its one meeting with ASU this season, a 5-point loss on the road without McLaughlin (injury), Katin Reinhardt, Chass Bryan and Devon Pflueger (sent home due to team violation).

In the 64-59 loss to ASU earlier this season, the Trojans held the Sun Devils to 32.8 percent shooting, including 23.1 percent from 3-point range. Two-point and 3-point field goal defense will be another crucial factor in the outcome of today's game.

Scoring-wise, USC was very balanced in that game in Tempe. Kahlil Dukes provided a career-day with 18 points, Elijah Stewart added 11, while three others had 6 points and three more USC players added 4. I think that a well-balanced attack is another thing to keep an eye on.

This post was edited on 3/11 2:47 PM by Devin Ugland

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News