Podcast: Anti-SC (Selection Committee)

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Swanson and I take issue with the CFP rankings and the process of the selection committee. We also recap USC's Pac-12 title win against Stanford and predict which Trojans will make the all-conference teams.

2. FreeReggieBush

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nailed it. We need to blow up the system. This is BS. I'm not watching the "playoffs". I refuse. It's true, we don't know who the best is. This whole system is opinion based.

Adam Maya likes this.
  3. bveyna

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I u u u v

Adam Maya likes this.
  4. guysmithson

guysmithson Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

championship games mean zero. how sad is that and makes them meaning less in the big scope of things.

5. ppapaccio

ppapaccio Recruit
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Auburn 10-3, lost conference title game badly, still being ranked above USC 11-2 is all the evidence you need to show East Coast Bias. Auburn with exception of Clemson, which they lost to and only scored 6 points, out of conference games including Mercer, Louisiana Monroe, GA Southern. vs. USC out of conference, Western Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame plus 9 conference games. Solution? SEC non conference 6-9 this year against Power 5. 5-4 against ACC, 0-2 against Big 10, 0-2 against Pac12. Pac12 6-2 out of conference schedule. Of course SEC has more games because they have 4 more teams in their conference than the Pac12. Either way, a losing non-conference record is what it is. Hmmmm. a reflection on which conference is truly better?

Adam Maya likes this.