Podcast: Cardinal and Gold Flags

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Swanson and I discuss what we liked and didn't like from USC's season opener, an inauspicious home win vs. Western Michigan, and we offer keys to victory vs. Stanford.

2. TrojanT

TrojanT Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I love you guys but the offense and receivers will be fine I can say that just because of Sam. You are dwelling on the wrong issues. We put up 49! 42 from offense. Yes it wasn't pretty but i trust in Darnold to get rythym going shortly.

The HUGE disappointment is the 31 pts put up on us. I was hoping for a 35 -17 win holding them under 20. I really am disappointed in our D after all I heard was how well they were plaing in camp. Stopping the run is the basic requirement for any championship caliber team. We obviously didn't do that. I love Marvell though! 7pts came on special teams but still....Porter is disappointing agree on that.

Watch UM vs Florida or Bama vs Fl st. We are not in same ball park on D!! Our offense honestly is better than all four of those teams already!!! But we are way below their level on D. It just slams you in the face on TV. We have to improve dramatically...not saying we cant but its hard to bet on it.

Im a Clay fan but I am really wondering if he can take us to where we all expect.

3. TrojanT

TrojanT Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Also that all said in second half we looked like a different team on both sides of ball!!!

4. TrojanWarrior82

TrojanWarrior82 Grey Shirt
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think we are going to be ok.
    [​IMG]

tim4usc and Darcy Bug like this.