Podcast: Casting Call

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, May 17, 2016.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Analyst Murf Baldwin joins the show as we examine USC's 5-2 defense and whether its personnel fits at each spot, and we answer a bevy of questions from the message board.

Click on the AudioBoom logo to download the episode or subscribe.
    *Subscribe on iTunes

innate likes this.
  2. cnguyen69

cnguyen69 Red Shirt
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

FINALLY!!! I think I'm gonna crap my pants!!! You've finally wised up and actually put someone who's played a down of football in their lives on the show. Morales, it's great, stick to being the host. Swannie, recruiting. Maya, you da interview man. And what's with the word "intimate"? Is that even a word? What do you do when you "intimate" somethin? Please help me out Adam. Can you say credibility? Big props to da fellas...

2 cnguyen69, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    MurfBaldwin likes this.
  3. wahoocurt

wahoocurt Plebe
    Expand Collapse

dammm that was AWESOME!!!! Murf Baldwin j should be a coach somewhere jeez he was great.

Adam Maya and MurfBaldwin like this.
  4. WeDemBoyz

WeDemBoyz Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Podcast was on ☝

Adam Maya and MurfBaldwin like this.
  5. MurfBaldwin

MurfBaldwin Grey Shirt
    Expand Collapse

Bro, thanks for the props. Swan and Adam are the truth -- like you said. They are versatile, as they can do recruiting and inside reporting with ease -- and they are knowledgable with football infrastructure. I just brought a different kind of flavor, ya know?

Oh yeah, Morales is incomparable, as his transitions and ability to direct is A1! Dude is sick producer, too. Trojan Sports has some talent, I was just glad to get a look haha.

Thanks again, bro.

Adam Maya likes this.
  6. MurfBaldwin

MurfBaldwin Grey Shirt
    Expand Collapse

HA! Maybe one day, Curt. But I love journalism and running my mouth on-air, from the comforts of my office, too much!

'preciate ya, my man.

wahoocurt likes this.
  7. plorenzi

plorenzi Recruit
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand how Murf is gonna say Uchenna is too small to play OLB. He was bigger than Sua last year. Taller and he looks thicker. Chris said he 210lb but he is actually closer to 230lb. We also have the juco DT who maybe able to come in and compete. Porter is a ideal strong side linebacker in the 34. The 5 star OLB we got ran a 4.6 electronic time 40 in high school I think he can get to the qb in 2 seconds. We have a lot more talent and depth then was talk about in my opinion.

8. plorenzi

plorenzi Recruit
    Expand Collapse

As well with a couple Bama offense linemen getting kick off the team or arrested this off season that only helps USC defense line.

9. MurfBaldwin

MurfBaldwin Grey Shirt
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'm never that basic in my thought-process..I said Uchenna may be too small to play "Strong-side outside LB." On a championship-caliber defense, having even someone "closer to 230 pounds" is iffy if we're talking about playing on the closed side of a formation. And, according to USC's own SID this spring, Uchenna is listed at 210 pounds.

Alabama is trotting out Jonathan Allen, 6-3, 272 pounds, on the strong side -- and the dude had about 11 sacks -- and Ryan Anderson, 6-2, 258, as his counterpart. The 230-lb player, Tim Williams, who is over 250 pounds now, was only used on clear pass-rush situations and was kept away from run defense.

But I appreciate the discourse...just listen to the specifics of what I'm saying, my man. And I also said I wouldn't play Su'a at SOLB -- but that's what SC had to work with.

9 MurfBaldwin, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Jack53 and WeDemBoyz like this.
  10. WeDemBoyz

WeDemBoyz Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

MurfBaldwin, great points what I really appreciate is the clear difference between weights from our players and theirs. We are clearly smaller than them and up front we don't even have a rotation of DLineman that are ready to play at this point. Secondary we can go blow for blow with anyone. Offensively we can do the same but the Defensive line we can't

11. MurfBaldwin

MurfBaldwin Grey Shirt
    Expand Collapse

Secondary is definitely on-point, talent-wise. Florida State, LSU and Bama and SC all have seriously talented third-level talent.

WeDemBoyz likes this.
  12. Drew Krinsky

Drew Krinsky Senior
    Expand Collapse

I liked the addition of Murf to the show! Another Great show

WeDemBoyz likes this.
  13. MurfBaldwin

MurfBaldwin Grey Shirt
    Expand Collapse

Yessir, Drew! Although it was just a guest appearance, technically! Haha. Thank you, bro.

Drew Krinsky likes this.