Podcast: Fourplay

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Swanson and I opine on what went wrong in USC's loss to Washington State and whether the Trojans will be a Final Four team in 2017.

2. JetLaggMatt

JetLaggMatt Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

TrojanGiftHorse getting some props!

3. DJ Nice

DJ Nice Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Adam and Chris, good job on the podcast. You know what's interesting is USC has had average coaching staffs ever since Pete Carroll's staff left for the NFL, so it's no surprise that we don't have great player dcelopment across the board. For whatever reason, USC's playing has been so vanilla that it's easy to scheme against defensively because we're not very good at making in-game adjustments, offensively speaking. Why not break tendencies and pass on first down? Why not use two tight end sets..isn't that a trend now in the NFL? And so what that Angeline isn't a great blocking tight end? Neither is Jimmy Graham and he's carved a pretty good career catching a ton of passes. I thought the goal of an offensive coordinator is to keep the defense off balance but that's not happening. I was shocked at what I saw on Friday and cpmpketely surprised that our backs didn't catch any balls. It's sad what's happening and if they don't figure it out and quickly, it's going to get ugly. Sam is frustrated and I can't blame him one bit. The teams that are perennially ranked in the top 10 have coaching staffs that continually develop their players and I'm not seeing that at USC. If I'm a tight end at USC or if I'm a recruit, I'd have to strongly consider transferring or not signing. A tight end should be a quarterback's best friend on third and short but rarely if ever do they target them. I have been saying this now for over 6yrs that USC needs to use their tights over the middle and down th seams to open up the entire field and it's frustrating that they aren't using them properly. Why recruit so many if you aren't going to use them. I'm pissed right now because talent-wise, we are superior to Wazzu and to lose to them like that clearly points to being out coached.

Adam Maya likes this.
  4. guysmithson

guysmithson Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

great podcast even if it was depressing. I think the masses are agreement on play calling and lack of use of TE, RB,. We need a new OC.

Adam Maya likes this.
  5. Homria98

Homria98 Senior
    Expand Collapse

I hear the angry in Chris and Adams voices. I like that. I wish the coaches can hear the Trojan nations displeasure. I understand the attrition but like many have said "WSU isn't and never will be as talented" as us. Give Tee 5% of Leaches brain and we win by 38

Adam Maya likes this.