Podcast: Rose-Colored Glasses*

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We offer our reactions to the final CFP rankings, USC in the Rose Bowl and why it's a must-win for the Trojans.

2. PanamaSteve

PanamaSteve War Daddy
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Alabama
    Penn St.
    USC
    Ohio St.
    iThose are the four best teams that deserve to be in CFP.

I guarantee, the Championship Game would be Alabama/SC.

The way CP has been defending dual threat QB's, I don't think Hurt would be that great of a factor. And, the way our DB's have been playing, I don't think Alabama would be able to exploit the passing game.

Bottomline, it's all boils down to the line of scrimmage. Does our OLine control? Do we withstand their D's push? I have a feeling that our QB makes the difference. I really believe we win. Their offense is pedestrian, at best. It's their D that wins games. Our D will control. If our O can establish control, we would be National Champs.

Not bad for starting 1-3.:p

2 PanamaSteve, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. CaptainSidneyReilly

Expand Collapse

I am looking forward to USC-PSU Rose Bowl. Two of the Hottest Teams playing Great football after a slow start! Any thoughts on how you handle Penn State Moorhead's Spread offense run by "Trace The Ace"?

4. SC55OU19

SC55OU19 War Daddy
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Listened carefully to Swansons reasoning re: USC vs Colorado. Gawd love him but he has a thinking defect that clouds his analysis.

Seems to have a hard time with ambiguity. Thinks like a rule driven tax accountant. Can't see big picture. Looking for precision when accuracy is good enough. This is how real world works.

1) CFP is primarily to test the consensus as to who is #1. The consensus is Alabama.
    2) The primary purpose of CFP is NOT who is #4 or #9. This is secondary.
    3) Division title has almost nothing to do with reality. Reality = winning Conference championship. Division titles are arbitrary depending on who you played. Almost meaningless except you earn the opportunity to WIN Conference Championship - the only thing that matters.
    4) We have empirical PROOF that USC is superior to Colorado. Proven like gravity is proven. Empirical, tested, and proven. Indisputable.
    5) Every single human poll puts USC above Colorado. Every single one! There is NO controversy. None.
    6) Colorado never played Washington until conference championship game. We did. Colorado failed. Again, Division titles mean almost nothing. Only affords the chance at being a champion.
    7) Washington earned the opportunity to be in final 4. USC failed.

By my logic one could argue that Ohio State should not be in final 4. Fair enough. But this is secondary. The only thing that matters is who deserves to be #1! That is all that matters. Not who is #7,#8,#9 - this is secondary, not primary.

If we go to an 8 team playoff then Swanson has a tizzy over who should have been #8. Go to 8 game playoff and things become silly and the focus is on the bottom 4. What's fair and unfair in the bottom 4. More silliness.

I hope I provided some help on how to think. No system is perfect. But I think the CFP got it mostly right. Try to focus on big picture and will see that USC earned the right to be in the Rose Bowl. This is indisputable.

CaptainSidneyReilly likes this.
  5. Allenb31

Allenb31 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes! Jolt cola was real

6. CaptainSidneyReilly

Expand Collapse

Agree, excellent analysis!

7. MrTravlear

MrTravlear Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Suffering withdrawal. When are you guys going to give me my next fix?

Fight On!