Podcast: Texas Tea Leaves

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Swanson and I dissect USC's narrow win vs. Texas and what it says about the Trojans moving forward, both good and bad.

2. DJ Nice

DJ Nice Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Hey Adam, I agree with that we need to play those young studs at receiver, tight end, linebacker, defensive back and o-line to create more depth for the team. It makes no sense after all the talk about how well these freshmen performed in fall camp. And these coaches don't think the recruits aren't paying attention to the rotations and playing time? I'm very concerned that we're gonna have more attrition since we have no byes this year. Then out of desperation, we'll have to throw in these kids last minute in pressure situations. Not fair to these kids. I don't feel confident that this team is national championship caliber right now. I think the coaches are feeling the weight of preseason national championship expectations and have a short leash with the rotations.

jerrybed, Adam Maya and Chris Swanson like this.
  3. USCMJQ

USCMJQ Junior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I wholeheartedly agree with DJ Nice. Let's also think about moving our recruiting program to the front burner and competing for more 5 STAR players. You could see how the Texas D Line was pushing our guys all over the field. I would like to see us match up with them the next time that we meet. Our O Line had a very tough time with the Texas D. Our star players had one tough time busting loose against Texas.

4. jerrybed

jerrybed War Daddy
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow!! Terrific podcast, fellas. I guess a few of us aren't crazy after all ;)

Adam Maya likes this.
  5. USCandOJareInnocent

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I just signed up to say.....

USC was THOROUGHLY out-coached in this game. Gives me pause for the future. Is USC going to continue this stupid trend of "being loyal" to senior players instead playing the best man for the job? Why on God's green Earth is Jalen Green a starter? Why? Why is Steven Mitchell starting? Because of loyalty and seniority? Sad.

6. rhinsd

rhinsd Junior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

SC doesn't HAVE to be playing at a NC level at this point in the season. Several other contenders aren't either including Alabama and Ohio State....and you know they'll be there atr the end. Texas set the perfect ambush with all the "underdog" talk and the subsequent, apparent tightness of SC, particularly the receivers. Horns were highly motivated and well coached.....you know Herman had been pointing at this one for a long time. Yet......SC won. I don't think they'll play a more athletic team all year. I say, definitely, KUDOS to them. Now go be 1-0 vs Cal.......

7. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

ATTN: