Podcast: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Discussion in 'TrojanSports Podcast' started by Adam Maya, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Adam Maya

Adam Maya Alumni
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Swanson and I offer our thoughts on USC's polarizing win vs. Oregon State, the recent play of Sam Darnold and his revealing postgame comments, and the Trojans' goals and destiny for the 2017 season.

2. DJ Nice

DJ Nice Recruit
    Expand Collapse

I look forward to your podcast every week. Very insightful. Thank goodness I didn't have an opportunity to watch it because it would have felt like a loss. Since USC's passing game is all about timing, all the more reason to throw more passes to their backs and tight ends to force the defense to cover the whole field. And maybe run more rubs, picks and crossing routes to confuse the D and force them to make quicker decisions. And I agree that they need to break tendencies because they are fairly predictable on 1st down for sure. Don't run the same plays out of the same formations all the time.

I've always said that the one common thread of a team that either improves or digresses is coaching. Coaching makes a huge difference at this level. From breaking down film, to game planning, in-game adjustments, to player development, good teams tend to improve as the season moves along. I'm typically an optimist but watching these games doesn't leave me feeling confident. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes each week. Coach Clancy is doing a great job though. I agree that our defense is very solid and has given us a chance to win every week.

Adam Maya likes this.