ADVERTISEMENT

"Same ole, same ole"

jerrybed

Legend
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2004
Fallbrook, Ca
There are many things to like about Sunday's win, but the way the entire team handled the fourth quarter shines brightest. Early in the 4th and up 17-13, LSU began to take over with the run, and it was hard for me not to think, "Here we go again; it's over." At that point, I was damn near convinced LSU would go on a couple of ball-control drives ending in scores and that their D would continue to shut down Miller and the O. I mean, we've seen this play out so many times over the years.

As has been my annual ritual for the past several years, my Cardinal & Gold PTSD was, once again, in overdrive.

Even had we lost, I would've been somewhat content, as up to that point, we had shown massive improvement defensively and on STs, and our inexperienced OL was doing fairly well against a stout SEC front seven. But then our D got two critical stops on third and shorts, CLRs playcalling seemed to improve, LSU did what undisciplined SEC teams do, and Miller and his clan executed very well.

Yup, that heightened level of pluck in the fourth quarter by our entire team was a sight to behold for this old geezer's eyes.

FIGHT ON!
Beat the Pig Farmer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.