ADVERTISEMENT

Why complain?

Jun 11, 2007
I just saw someone say there is bias towards the pac 12 and big 12. I think that is nonsense.

Remember the acc, big 10 and sec have 14 teams and several powerhouses. the pac 12 has 12 teams and the big 12 has 10 teams. so it is certainly possible that 2 teams from the acc, big 10 or sec might be in the top 4 at the end of the season. there are simply more teams and powerhouses in those conferences. those conferences total 42 teams. the pac 12 and big 12 have 22 teams and maybe 3 to 4 true powerhouses. maybe 4 if you count uw or stan or oregon as a powerhouse in given yr. acc, big 10 and the sec have more like 11 powerhouses. in a given year maybe 6 of those teams play great football(playoff caliber or close to playoff caliber) and maybe 2 or 3 teams in total from the big 12 or pac 12 play football where they are in the conversation for a playoff bid.

the pac 12 does not have a lot of blue blood programs. they have sc. and occasionally a team like uw, ore or stan is in the top 10. sc has been down in the past and has had 2 losses in each of the last two yrs. usc has had two blowouts losses as well. stan loses 2 or 3 games a year. oregon got in when they had a great yr. uw did too. the big 12 has two powerhouses and texas has been down. the only really good team has been okla during the last few years. i do not think there is bias. if sc wants in they need to lose 0 to 1 games and dont get blown out. the committee has not even put in a 2 loss team which got blown yet. so the formula is easy. if sc wants in, they know what to do. so why complain?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News