ADVERTISEMENT

Why USC will not get into the Playoffs

Jun 11, 2007
Expanding on my previous post. I do not think there is any bias against usc or the pac 12 by the committee. If you are going to lose two games, you need to blow a lot of other teams out. You can't look like your just a hair better than 8 or 9 other teams on your schedule. You want to show that you are a dominant team and those losses were just flukes. If you are blown out once, you must blow out several more teams to make up for it. And if you want to get into the playoffs you must do what clemson did to a 1 loss miami team in conf champ game. You must destroy them and show that you are an unequivocal top 4 team. Or you must at least beat a top 4 ranked team in your conference championship game showing that you should be ranked in the top 4 or better.

It has still been a really good season. I think we did start to turn the corner. Just not quite good enough to be worthy of a National Championship. If the players want a natty, they can all work really hard and come back next year and win one. Now let's win the bowl game and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News