ADVERTISEMENT

Football Lincoln Riley on Alex Grinch, defensive collapse

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
We got very few questions into Lincoln Riley afterward -- maybe four? I was able to ask why he thinks the defense fell off so precipitously the last few games and if he's still confident in Alex Grinch as DC moving forward?

His response:

"We just got done playing a game 15 minutes ago so I'm not going give any big picture assessments. We didn't play good enough today. ... The big plays are obviously, and the lack of, just not tackling to the level we would expect are very, very alarming and something we've got to do a much better job of. But listen, I mean, to play great on offense or defense or special teams, to have any success, everything has got to be clicking. Every single part of your program. So we'll take a deep dive into every part of it here over the next couple of weeks. We'll lay out a plan, just like we did when we landed in LA 13 months ago -- you take a deep dive of it, you assess what you got and how can we make it better and then you go to work. Now we just repeat the process knowing a little bit more about this roster and a little bit more about where we're at and what we have coming back and what we're going to add. You know, we made a pretty good jump in Year 1, and I wouldn't bet against us to make another big jump next year."

We weren't allowed to take video of the press conference so I have to download it from their Cotton Bowl media portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News