ADVERTISEMENT

Madden: 'Just get me healthy until the season'

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
There's a chance tailback Tre Madden will be involved in contact drills before six weeks worth of spring practices concludes. Madden would love that. But it's not a priority right now.

Madden, who's lost two full seasons to injury now, said his main objective is making it through spring intact.

"That's the plan: just get me healthy until the season," he said.

His plan this spring is to do as much work as possible while closely monitoring how his foot feels each day. He said he might be cleared for contact sometime after spring break, which is in two weeks.

"We'll see how it goes," he said.

Madden clarified that the injury that sidelined him in 2014 was not turf toe but actually an injured sesamoid bone, which required surgery.

"I got a zipper in my foot now," he said.

Madden got the first carry during Tuesday's opening walk-through and remained involved throughout the workout. He said afterward he ran with the team in winter conditioning and he feels good.

His disposition was markedly different than when we last spoke with him, following an October practice in which he wasn't able to finish because his toe was still nagging him.

"We thought it was turf toe," he said. "I was pretty down on myelf because I thought I was going to be able to go. It's in the past now. I'm ready to move forward."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News