ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Productive day at the Under Armour camp in Mission Viejo

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
I spent the last six hours at the Under Armour camp in Mission Viejo, and it was well worth it.

I had a great interview with 2023 QB offer Nico Iamaleava. I watched him and Malachi Nelson and got some video — there were like 15 QBs rotating once they got to one on one WR/DB drills so those guys only got a few reps each unfortunately.

I spent the morning following around new 2022 DL offer Zach Rowell. Also talked to a 2022 RB USC looks to be turning up the heat on, Jaylen Thompson (he has elite hands for a RB. Arguably as good as any receiver out there today.)

And I got some video on 2023 WRs Makai Lemon and Rico Flores, who was offered this week.

Those six hours kicked my arse, though. I’m grabbing lunch and then have some errands to run so I probably won’t get anything posted until the morning — we’ll see.

Also, heads up, I’m flying to Alaska tomorrow night for five days! Rest assured, I’ll be working remotely (remotely seems a very apt description). I have stuff planned for every day and will be responding to anything else that might develop during the week. Just will be doing it from the Alaska instead of home!

If anyone cares, backstory on the trip, I’m going with my buddy Brady McCollough of the LA Times. It will be the 50th state for both of us — we hit many of them on previous road trips when we worked together in Kansas City. Anyways, Alaska has been on the radar for years and we were going to try to do it together if possible as a joint No. 50. He has a young daughter, though, and it was looking very unlikely. I was probably just going to go on my own later this summer, when out of the blue his wife surprised him for his birthday and said he and I should finally do our Alaska trip. So we planned it in the last few weeks. Fly out tomorrow night, back on Friday. But like I said, I’m working every day, so no interruption here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News