ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting update: Matayo Uiagalelei watches USC at the Coliseum

Matt Moreno

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
SoCal
usc.rivals.com

Matayo Uiagalelei continues to evaluate his options. He doesn't have any idea where he will end up committing, but he has been continuing to focus mostly on USC, Oregon and Ohio State. He visited the other two schools earlier in the season, and Saturday he made it out to the Coliseum for the Trojans' game against Arizona State. The top-35 edge rusher has continued to monitor the growth and development of the USC defense through the first several games, and some things have jumped out to him about what he's watched.

“They make a lot of turnovers. Definitely a high-powered offense, but they have a big risk-reward defense. They might give up some points, but they’re definitely gonna go out there and make sacks and get interceptions.”

At this stage, Uiagalelei says he doesn't have any other visits planned. You can read my latest update with the four-star prospect at the link up top. I was at his game Friday night as St. John Bosco opened up Trinity League play against Anaheim-Servite. I recorded all of his snaps except for the first two (taking photos) so you can see what he looked like throughout the course of the game. SJB has a HUGE matchup against Santa Ana-Mater Dei this Friday night in a battle between the top two teams in the country.

Reactions: consciousBE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News