ADVERTISEMENT

The latest on Bryce Dixon ...

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
As we reported a bit ago, a source tells us tight end Bryce Dixon has been dismissed from the football team. Coach Sarkisian did not verify that Tuesday, only stating that Dixon did not practice because he is "dealing with a student-conduct" issue.

Later, we pulled Sark aside and asked him directly about Dixon being dismissed from the team but he offered no comment.

A school official said Tuesday evening Dixon is still on the roster.

We also spoke with tight ends coach Marques Tuiasosopo about Dixon's absence.

"I'm not sure what's going on there exactly," he said. "We'll know more in the future but I'm always hopeful."

Below are Tuiasosopo's comments on the outlook of the tight end position, which now has just one scholarship tight end on the roster this spring:

"Obviously Dixon brings an element to the game but those are things, like I said, that we can't control. We have to focus on what we have and what we can do with those guys we have here. it is what it is. We're going to take what we did today and find a way to get better tomorrow and have a better day.

"Stuff happens, life happens. So we have to take we got and I'm hopeful but until then, I'm excited with the guys that we have and putting forth my effort into them as far as football players and getting better.

"Obviously we'd love to have more there but we don't. And we can't control that. All we can control is the guys we have here and getting them better and giving them an opportunity to succeed. So, my focus is on that. Obviously we'll keep recruiting, keep building that depth there. But we're excited for the guys we have here. They're great kids and hard workers. They have a willingness to be great and earn a spot."

I spoke with Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick as well. I'll post that later.

This post was edited on 3/3 10:08 PM by Adam Maya

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News