ADVERTISEMENT

WAKE THEE, GOOD, GENTLE PEOPLE! T'IS THE DAY OF THE ATHLETIC COMPETITION!

TrojanGiftHorse

Legend
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2006
Well, most of the leaves have fallen off the tree that is the 2017 regular season for USC football. “...and then there were two.” If you are like me, you clapped with delight in watching each falling leaf flutter like an exuberant spring butterfly on its carefree journey towards the ground. Hopefully, you are not one of the vexed ones who cursed each red, yellow, orange, and brown cast-off from this shedding plant, lamenting all the while its lack of greenness. If so, perhaps all that you could envision was the ugly mess that the tree would make in the yard. Perhaps you have been consumed with and dreaded the inevitable investment of labor and the output of sweat to tidy up the mess. "If only it were an evergreen...."

With some urgency, I presently implore you to consider that soon, that tree will be bare; there will be no more leaves to admire—not green, not red, and not brown, only branches.

Yes, ONLY TWO leaves remain. Consider this as your "two-minute warning." I cordially invite you to laugh at the butterflies along with me. Pull up a chair. Cradle your favorite mug which cradles your favorite brew. Perhaps you might find the inspiration to clap; clap heartily. Winter is coming.

Fight on!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News