ADVERTISEMENT

Bry, this one is for you

chase19

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2002
Bry,

This one is all for you and I know it is long winded so forgive me in advance, but please try to touch on all points with your opinion and what you may know.

1) With need for size and beef up front on the D-Line, do you think we are good going into next season with the young guys we already and a few of the D-Ends we have coming in or is this still a glaring need for size/quality there. We probably have enough D-Ends but I was thinking we need the middle, big guys that can plug it up but also make tackles behind the line or without giving up 4-6 yards on every play!

2) With players all year saying they missed assignments, need to improve and do a better job, well is that players not in the "Playbook" enough, not being coached up enough, coaches not being tough enough and sitting guys for either (Penalties, missed assignments like running a 7 yard route when you need 10 yards), missing gaps on defense, secondary in the wrong places, etc.....There needs to be some real responsibility on both players and coaches but we are all so tired of the same old answers to these questions, where does the real blame or problems lie?

3) What coaches do you think we round out with and be specific as to names and positions they will coach. Part of your answer I would love to hear if we have a coach that will get his hands on the "Special Teams" because there has been nothing special about them. We need a Punter with leg that can kick with distance and hang time, play the field position game (change). We also need a reliable Field Goal Kicker that we can rely on. And we also need a Placekicker that can kick the ball out or deep into the end-zone. If you have that, I can live with the punt and kick-off coverage, return teams. would love those to get a little better but why on earth can we not get both Kickers, seems as though every other school has one!

4) And lastly, based on lets say just Velus Jones decomitting and everyone as of now staying, how many rides do we have left to sign? And in your humble opinion, who do you think those remaining spots go to, starting with our best chance of signing/committing?

Thank you in advance, I know it is a lot to ask of you to respond to but hopefully all will appreciate your insight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News