ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Cade McNamara commits to Michigan

USC has scholarship offers out to Trussville, Ala. Hewitt Trussville HS QB Paul Tyson (long shot) and San Bernardino, Calif. Cajon HS QB Jayden Daniels in this class.

Other four-star uncommitted quarterbacks west of Texas include:

Murrieta, Calif. Murrieta Valley HS QB Hank Bachmeier,

Monument, Colo. Palmer Ridge HS QB Ty Evans,

Eugene, Ore. Sheldon HS QB Michael Thompson, Jr.,

Chandler, Ariz. HS Jacob Conniver

(USC is also recruiting Phoenix, Ariz. Pinnacle HS QB Spencer Rattler, an OU commit)

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2019/DUAL

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2019/PRO

USC has scholarship offers out to Trussville, Ala. Hewitt Trussville HS QB Paul Tyson (long shot) and San Bernardino, Calif. Cajon HS QB Jayden Daniels in this class.

Other four-star uncommitted quarterbacks west of Texas include:

Murrieta, Calif. Murrieta Valley HS QB Hank Bachmeier,

Monument, Colo. Palmer Ridge HS QB Ty Evans,

Phoenix, Ariz. Pinnacle HS QB Spencer Rattler, E

Eugene, Ore. Sheldon HS QB Michael Thompson, Jr.,

Chandler, Ariz. HS Jacob Conniver

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2019/DUAL

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2019/PRO
Thought Rattler was OU. Did something change?

Reactions: Chris Swanson
McNamara at 6’1 170 will never play D1 football as a QB.
you are nuts. the kid is awesome. reminds me of aaron rodgers. and remember, he is junior in hs. by the time he is a soph in college he will probably be like 6'1 or 6'2 band 200. he is not a skinny kid. and he has a great arm. who knows where they got that weight and ht from. might have been at a camp as a soph. . tua tagavailoa is in like 6 feet tall and he just won a natty. by the way he is listed at 6'1 187 on 247/scout.

Wow. Kind of left field for me. Really thought he liked SC. I’m hoping we Jayden Daniels. Like his quick release. Feel like that’s something that SC can help develop to something special.

Good luck with Jimbo, I bet he's gone before Cade is. He's never lasted anywhere as a head coach more than 4 years, he's in his 4th year at Michigan this year.

Good luck with Jimbo, I bet he's gone before Cade is. He's never lasted anywhere as a head coach more than 4 years, he's in his 4th year at Michigan this year.
never lasted anywhere? you are acting like he gets fired all the time. he did great at sd and was promoted to stanford. he did great at stan and was promoted to sf. he went to a super bowl there and then had some problems. he has always wanted the mich job. and if he leaves mich it would probably be because they had a couple great seasons. so how could that be bad for a player? jh is not a guy who cuts and runs constantly. mich is his home. I dont love the jh, but he can coach qb's and is a really good head coach.

Last edited:
never lasted anywhere? you are acting like he gets fired all the time. he did great at sd and was promoted to stanford. he did great at stan and was promoted to sf. he went to a super bowl there and then had some problems. he has always wanted the mich job. and if he leaves mich it would probably be because they had a couple great seasons. so how could that be bad for a player? jh is not a guy who cuts and runs constantly. mich is his home. I dont love the jh, but he can coach qb's and is a really good head coach.
This is is mostly true, but one would argue he has had his least success at Michigan. His burn out to job ratio is that of College Basketballs Larry Brown. He did get run out of San Francisco Upper.

I disagree on coaching qbs. Luck was a great qb already and have you not watched UofM struggle mightily at the qb position. They had 9 yds in the air last year. He can’t groom one there and relies on transfers to take the helm. Just like this year coming up with Shea

This is is mostly true, but one would argue he has had his least success at Michigan. His burn out to job ratio is that of College Basketballs Larry Brown. He did get run out of San Francisco Upper.
previous coach did not recruit good qb's. jh finally recruited one good true freshman last year and now mcnamara. qb plau has been his problem. the fuy guy did go to a superbowl. that makes him the second best coach that yr. and sf has been seemed up for a long time. the guy can really coach.

I disagree on coaching qbs. Luck was a great qb already and have you not watched UofM struggle mightily at the qb position. They had 9 yds in the air last year. He can’t groom one there and relies on transfers to take the helm. Just like this year coming up with Shea
they have had weak talent at qb.

So lets takeaway every QB he coached at Stanford and San Francisco because he has had 2 years of none good QB play at Michigan following shit recruiting from Brady Hoke?

Reactions: LosAngelesND
So lets takeaway every QB he coached at Stanford and San Francisco because he has had 2 years of none good QB play at Michigan following shit recruiting from Brady Hoke?
Brady Hoke left him with a solid D, just no QB's of note. Harbaugh has had plenty of time to turn that program around and if he were held to the same standard people hold Helton to, people would want him fired already.

Brady Hoke left him with a solid D, just no QB's of note. Harbaugh has had plenty of time to turn that program around and if he were held to the same standard people hold Helton to, people would want him fired already.
He was competitive his first two years. His teams really never got killed liked Heltons teams did. Last year they just had hideous qb. I dislike harbaugh but the guy can coach.

He was competitive his first two years. His teams really never got killed liked Heltons teams did. Last year they just had hideous qb. I dislike harbaugh but the guy can coach.
At Michigan, he’s lost 13-42 to both tOSU and PSU. After two 10-3 seasons he digressed to 8-5 last year.

He can coach but a little bit of that glimmer is beginning to fade. Bay Trojan makes a solid point. If he were at USC, people would be calling for his head after his 8-5 year last year (his 3rd year in). If he repeats that this year, UM fans will be too.

Last edited:
Reactions: tentm
i think his record would be better at sc because we have no osu's, psu's or wiskys. we do have uw but we dont play them every year. I think the top 5 of the big 10 is much stronger than the the pac 12. you have harbaugh, franklin, meyer, chryst, dantonio. wow. i think harbaugh is a way better coach than helton? you dont? look at both track records. i guess i was wrong that he did not get blown out. my bad. it seems like he usually plays teams close. i think he is a top 5 coach nationally. going 12-1 at stan and going to the super bowl makes him pretty elite. all great coaches have hard times. ask Pte Carroll.

i think his record would be better at sc because we have no osu's, psu's or wiskys. we do have uw but we dont play them every year. I think the top 5 of the big 10 is much stronger than the the pac 12. you have harbaugh, franklin, meyer, chryst, dantonio. wow. i think harbaugh is a way better coach than helton? you dont? look at both track records. i guess i was wrong that he did not get blown out. my bad. it seems like he usually plays teams close. i think he is a top 5 coach nationally. going 12-1 at stan and going to the super bowl makes him pretty elite. all great coaches have hard times. ask Pte Carroll.
Like you, I dislike Harbaugh. I don't like him as a person but yes, he has a proven track record and can coach. He is a former NFL coach of the year and those don't come by easily.

With this said, a good coach can also lose their way. Reference the state of the team at the end of CPC's tenure. I was agreeing with Bay Trojan that if he were at USC, the folks wouldn't be marching yet but there would be some gathering of pitch forks and 8-5 is a poor record regardless of which conference you are in. The 8-5 was in his ever important 3rd year. A poor QB is no excuse because he had 3 years to address that issue and either recruit a high caliber QB or coach a lesser caliber QB into a higher caliber QB.

This will be a big year for both Harbaugh and CCH. I'm rooting for the good guy!

Like you, I dislike Harbaugh. I don't like him as a person but yes, he has a proven track record and can coach. He is a former NFL coach of the year and those don't come by easily.

With this said, a good coach can also lose their way. Reference the state of the team at the end of CPC's tenure. I was agreeing with Bay Trojan that if he were at USC, the folks wouldn't be marching yet but there would be some gathering of pitch forks and 8-5 is a poor record regardless of which conference you are in. The 8-5 was in his ever important 3rd year. A poor QB is no excuse because he had 3 years to address that issue and either recruit a high caliber QB or coach a lesser caliber QB into a higher caliber QB.

This will be a big year for both Harbaugh and CCH. I'm rooting for the good guy!
I dont think harbaugh has lost his way. PC did not lose his way either. His 2008 team was the best in the nation. 17 or 18 of his starters from that team and about 24 or 25 guys who contributed on that team went on to the pros. And he lost most of those starters to the pros the next year right as harbaugh(ironically)and kelly were putting together phenomenal teams/programs. Had pc stayed he would in the the playoffs every other year like meyer and saban. In fact did better better than them. He went to to 2 Superbowl and won 1. So I don think that pc lost his way at sc and neither has harbaugh. The great coaches do sometimes have off years. And qb's take time to develop. I cant harbaugh so i hope he does fail,. But I actually think he will probably will win natty at some point with in the next 5 to 10 years. Hopefully his personality will get in his way and he will not do so well, but the guy does impress me as a coach. I dislike meyer too, but he does win a lot. I wanted sc to go after dabo one or two years before he had his big run. I thought he was right at the cusp of becoming a great coach. I was right on that one.

I dont think harbaugh has lost his way. PC did not lose his way either. His 2008 team was the best in the nation. 17 or 18 of his starters from that team and about 24 or 25 guys who contributed on that team went on to the pros. And he lost most of those starters to the pros the next year right as harbaugh(ironically)and kelly were putting together phenomenal teams/programs. Had pc stayed he would in the the playoffs every other year like meyer and saban. In fact did better better than them. He went to to 2 Superbowl and won 1. So I don think that pc lost his way at sc and neither has harbaugh. The great coaches do sometimes have off years. And qb's take time to develop. I cant harbaugh so i hope he does fail,. But I actually think he will probably will win natty at some point with in the next 5 to 10 years. Hopefully his personality will get in his way and he will not do so well, but the guy does impress me as a coach. I dislike meyer too, but he does win a lot. I wanted sc to go after dabo one or two years before he had his big run. I thought he was right at the cusp of becoming a great coach. I was right on that one.
I didn't say he lost his way. I said he can coach but a little bit of that glimmer is beginning to fade due to his 8-5 record last year. Anyone can have an off year so this year is an important year for him. One year is anomaly. Two years is the start of a trend...

I don't like Meyer (or Saban) as a person either but they are both great coaches. I agree with you on Dabo. He would have been a great pick for USC.

I didn't say he lost his way. I said he can coach but a little bit of that glimmer is beginning to fade due to his 8-5 record last year. Anyone can have an off year so this year is an important year for him. One year is anomaly. Two years is the start of a trend...

I don't like Meyer (or Saban) as a person either but they are both great coaches. I agree with you on Dabo. He would have been a great pick for USC.
I dont think mich will be that good this year either as their best qb's will be young. I would say more like 2019 or 20. Sometimes I am patient due to circumstances. going 10-3 is a actually pretty good in your first 2 years,. this was a weird year. and psu, osu and wisky were all top 5 teams this year. those teams were really really good. so i am ok with 8-5 record this year. another coach that blows me away is chryst.

I dont think mich will be that good this year either as their best qb's will be young. I would say more like 2019 or 20. Sometimes I am patient due to circumstances. going 10-3 is a actually pretty good in your first 2 years,. this was a weird year. and psu, osu and wisky were all top 5 teams this year. those teams were really really good. so i am ok with 8-5 record this year. another coach that blows me away is chryst.
He has Shea Patterson coming over from Ole Miss. If he gets a waiver to play next year without sitting out, he will have a top notch and seasoned QB. Shea should be able to get them to 10 wins.

He has Shea Patterson coming over from Ole Miss. If he gets a waiver to play next year without sitting out, he will have a top notch and seasoned QB. Shea should be able to get them to 10 wins.
shea is is really good. but they run a complex offense so it might take him a year to adjust. I am one of those people that gives qb's a few years to become really really good. especially in s pro style offense. but they probably will win 10 or or so regardless. harbaugh has had some you nice recruiting classes so far. I think psu, wisky and osu all lose a lot of talent so mich may capitalize on that.

I just checked and his really good players on the team are from the 16 and 17 classes. I literally looked at every recruit they had on the last 5 years and what t ies of teams offetred those players. Then I assined my own recruitng rank to each players. This gave me a general idea of how good the talent on Michigan is now. And it showed me how old/how veteran the talent was in the the last few years. So from this analysis I found out that they are really talented but really young.

In 2018 , Mich will have 3 highly rated, but young qb's on the roster. That is if we include shea patterson. Hokes 14 and 15 classes were not very good at all. Harbaugh came in 2015, but those were all hokes recruits and they did not sign a good class because of the firing and the instability in the program. The 14 class was not too good either. The 12 and 13 classes from hoke were much better by far than the 14 and 15 classes. They included 52 players. Where hoke only signed a total of 30 players( and a lot were average recruits) in 14 and 15.

So in 15 and 16 harbaugh had more veteran talent(because the great 12 and 13 players were vets). So JH came in with a fairly veteran and and loaded program. But after a lot of those players left in 2017, he had to deal with 14 and 15 players and they were low in numbers and just not as good. But JH's 16 and 17 classes were really good/great and so I think they that 19 will be a really good year for them. At that time they will have a junior or senior at qb and a very veteran team. But I think they will be good this yr. at 10-3 as they have some really great 2 and and 3rd year players and a few top upperclassmen as well. Very young talented team this year and I assume one of the qb's will step up. Plus he brought in a bunch of new coaches. But the team will take some time to gel and get used to the new systems. So again I think 19 will be the year. If he gets good qb play, I will say they are a playoff team in 19. I just spent a few hours analyzing all this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT