ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Clay Helton

Deeznutz55

Alumni
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2009
ATL / LAX / PDX
I don't know what goes on behind closed doors at Heritage Hall. I don't really think anyone knows on this board. Based on hires it is not out of order to assume not a lot went into looking for someone outside of Clay. This could all end up being a stroke of genius or a blunder that eventually puts us back another 4 or 5 years.

That said, Clay was not on my short list nor in my top 10, but I will never root against him to prove a point. I want to win as every Trojan does in their own peculiar way. The bar will be set quite high for Clay just as it would have with any "splash" hire...maybe even more so as he has been here at one capacity or another for 6 years. It really is not out of the realm to expect him to go no worse than 10-2 next year. Anything less than that is a failure. Someone posted last week a thread regarding what we thought our record would have been this season with a Meyer or Saban at the helm. I said 11-1. This roster is loaded with young talent and one thing this hire does bring is stability in recruiting for this season.

So fight on Coach Helton! Show us you were the right hire. Beat the Trees on Saturday.

PS By the way Coach--I like my crow Medium Rare and expect to be served a dish of it after the end of next season in 2016. FIGHT ON!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News