ADVERTISEMENT

GUESS THE SCORE 2024 INTRO and USC vs. LSU picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
Guess the Score is back for the 2024 season.

I know all gift cards from last year got sent out many months ago. I do have to apply some comp months still and have the list from last season. They changed the way we do comps, and I couldn't execute it when I was paying out the gift cards ... and then forgot to circle back. So I'll take care of that this week and alert everyone it applies to.

As for this season ...

Same format as always -- weekly and season-long contests.

WEEKLY

The math is simple. It's the number of points off you are for each side. So if you guess USC 31, LSU 24 and it's USC 28-27 then you were off 3 on USC and 3 on LSU. That equals 6, which is your score for the week.

Every year I get asked to add in a penalty for picking the wrong winner, and I'm finally going to acquiesce. If you pick the wrong winner it's an additional 5 tacked on.

The lowest score each week wins and gets 2 free months added on to subscription. Hit the score exactly and get a $50 Amazon gift card. Jeff will be doing the standings each week and making sure I get prizes done in real time.

SEASON-LONG

The season-long contest is the average of your weekly scores. If you play every week, you get to drop your two worst scores and they won't count toward your average. Or you can miss up to two weeks and still be eligible. You can miss one week and drop one bad score. Etc. Either way, the final tally will be the average of everyone's 11 best weekly scores, including bowl game, (or 12+ if there is a conference championship game and playoff games). You get the point.

Jeff will post the standings each week. After four games, we'll apply the dropped weeks, so the standings will shift at that point. I wouldn't pay much attention to them until then.

Prizes:

1st -- $150 Amazon gift card

2nd -- $100 Amazon gift card

3rd -- $50 Amazon gift card

4th -- 3 comped months

5th -- 3 comped months

Any questions? Complaints? Fire away.

Otherwise, get those picks in! Thread will lock at kickoff on Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.