ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Not Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf (Kelly)

nogales

Alumni
Jul 22, 2005
I for one am not shaking because the Bruins are reportedly talking to Kelly. I think we would be looking at a three ring circus over there, if that were to occur. Kelly HAS NCAA problems, he cheated at Oregon, paying cash money for elite Texas talent to be pointed in his direction. The "Show Cause" may have expired, but the penalties can follow him to any other school that hires him.

And Chip is so good at handling the media, not to mention his relationships with his own players. This is not Eugene, Oregon. L.A. can fit Eugene in a corner of the Valley, and never miss it. And I can't wait for a few years of Mr. Ball, Senior, wrestling for attention with Chip over there.

As for actual football, Chip hates rescruiting and his days of buying recruits are over. Kelly's record indicates that he is a innovative offensive coach, at least in the College game, but outside of Oregon, when he took the CFB by storm with a new system, his resume is woefully short of D-1 and Pro success. So is he a guaranteed winner?

Unless he comes up with another way to play the game, his system is already old hat as far as defenses are concerned. And he is going to have to play in just two uni's, the home jersey's and the away jersey's.

But on the other hand, Ucla recruit's itself, just like SC, so he will get talent. But so did Mora, and Durell, and, and.

Personally, I think this is a non-starter, a move by Chip's agent to keep Chip's name out there in the media. Given, Chip can afford to take what Ucla is willing to pay, but what about his staff. I suspect there is a big, big pushback from the academics in the Cal system, and from the Trustees, from all the money squandered on Mora and his staff, and that is no longer in play, particularly with really awful attendance figures.

But I have to admit, I would like to see it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News