ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not excited.........................

SimiJer

Alumni
Dec 3, 2009
I'm really not. I know this is a big name hire BUT the last 10 years of SCs incompetence seems to have done some permanent damage to my love of the program.

This hire to me just screams of the continued move away from what made the program great. We continue to chase the flavor of the day.

We are soft, this offense I guess will score more BUT it will be SOFT.

We've forgotten what made SC special

Anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Why do I feel that if we played Bama, we'd try to "outscore" them BUT would still be mauled physically. We wouldn't belong on the same field with them physically, we'd try to "scheme" our way to victory because we physically do not belong on the battlefield with the big boys any longer.

I don't like the direction, I don't like that we'll never win the battle in the trenches. We've given up a ton for the sake of a few more "points"

Football is a lot more than a few extra points scored, there's defense, special teams and a hard nosed will to survive and thrive on a brutal battle. There are a boatload of intangibles to consider.

This move to me puts a few extra points on the board BUT will

- continue our lack of physicality
- create a mentally soft team
- hurt our defense by leaving them out there all day and exposing them to more plays
- continue our alarming trend of soft offensive lineman.
- deprive our defense from the opportunity to practice against a physical presence softening them as well.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad that 90% of the SC fans got the guy they wanted.

It just does nothing for me AND I'm not convinced this is a good hire for SC. This looks like a slight upgrade from the Sark and Helton mentality that killed us. Same weak mentality with just better execution.

Not thrilled, and not sure I'll but investing much time watching SC football in the future. This is not the SC Football program that I grew up watching with admiration and respect.

This is no longer a special program but rather a program that has completely lost its identity and now has become average, SC football is a follower and no longer a leader.

Its very sad to me, something special has died.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News