ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Interview with 4-star CB Darion Green-Warren from San Antonio

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
Again, Rivals' expectation is that Darion Green-Warren announces Michigan on Saturday. He wasn't going to reveal that decision today, but I talked to him about his process and you can interpret his comments however:

How stressful was the decision in the end for you?

DGW: "It was very stressful. It was like, you don't want to tell the other coach that you're not going there. It was a tough decision. I loved all my options -- I wish I could go to every school -- but if you can only pick one I feel like I made that best decision for myself and my family, but it was tough. But it was fun -- it was a blessing at the same time."

Did you find peace of mind in the end?

DGW: "Yeah, it took me like a week or two, but I found some peace of mind with my decision. It's going to be fun."

What was the biggest factor that swayed you?

DGW: "Really, for me it was just like a business decision. It was really just being able to get a great education, and I want to go to the league as soon as possible for me. So being able to play as quick as possible, that was huge for me. Honestly, I think it was a business decision."

How tough was calling that other coach?

DGW: "It was tough, it was tough. Just talking to the coach, it was all love, though. He supports me, I support them in whatever they do. It's a great bond -- it's tough that I couldn't go there."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News