ADVERTISEMENT

Football JT Daniels named to Maxwell Award Watch List/2019 stats projection?

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
The Maxwell Award, which recognizes the top player in the college football, put out its watch list of 80 names today. About half of the players listed are quarterbacks, including USC's JT Daniels. He was the only Trojan to make the list. Alabama Tua Tagovailoa won the award last year.

With that said, let's throw some predictions out. What does everybody expect JT Daniels to throw for this season (Yards, TDs, INTs)?

I'm going to go with 3,612 yards, 28 TDs, 9 INTs. (He was at 2,672 yards, 14 TDs and 10 INTs in 11 games last season).

Mason Fine averaged right around 472 attempts per 13 games the last two seasons under Graham Harrrell at North Texas. Even just taking those attempts multiplied by Daniels' 7.4 YPA last season would put him at 3,492.8 yards if he played 13 games (with a bowl or Pac-12 championship game) this year. I'd expect improvement on that YPA, though. For what it's worth, Jordan Love at Utah State, a QB Daniels said he's watched a lot of film on, passed for 3,567 on 417 attempts last year in a similar offense.

There's always the potential of Daniels missing a game at some point due to injury, which I weighed in coming up with my guess/projection. Meanwhile, I think he could eclipse those numbers.

What does everybody else think?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News