ADVERTISEMENT

Football Kedon Slovis update (or non update)

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
Clay Helton said QB Kedon Slovis is still in the concussion protocol and he'd have more of an update for us on Tuesday after practice.

Same for Olaijah Griffin and his back spasms.

Helton's comments on the QB situation:

"Right now Kedon's in concussion protocol. I'll have more information probably with all our personnel on Tuesday, but I got to see Kedon today, he's doing good, doing good. But he's got to go through all the necessary steps and so I'll alert everybody on Tuesday what our status is at that moment. Right now it's unclear."

On whether there is a certain day he would have to be cleared by to start:

"We're going to play it day by day. The good thing that we have with Kedon … The good thing is both Matt and Kedon have had two training camps to be able to be within the system. Basically we're looking at 50 practices a piece … Kedon and Matt will both be in all the meetings, they'll get all the game plans, as well as Brandon Perdue, Trevor Scully and Scott Harris and be able to learn the game plan. We'll see where it is day by day. … I'll have a lot better feel on Tuesday where it stands."

On depth concerns:

"Right now we have Brandon Perdue, we have Scott Harris and we have Trevor Scully. Brandon will have a package that he can understand, and then we'll see where Kedon is going in through the week and go from there. We've got three other quarterbacks on campus that we'll have trained to be able to go in if needed."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News