ADVERTISEMENT

Football Lincoln Riley pretty blunt about the state of talent on the defensive line ...

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
This is candid:

“Yeah, I think [D'Anton Lynn's] done a good job with it. I mean, it’s, you’ve got, you’ve got the pieces that you have. And each year, especially in a Year One for us with this new defense and new defensive staff, you have the players that we have and you’ve got to go make it work with what you have. And try to accentuate the things that we do well, and then try to – I don’t know if cover up’s the right word, but you got to try to create with what you have. And so, I think his creativity has shown, and obviously that’s going to continue to evolve as we continue to recruit, as we continue to develop, to target guys that obviously fit this system and give us the skill sets that we want to have with the way that we play. And that’s just, that’ll continue to evolve as time goes on. But no, I mean, he’s creative. And we’ve had to be, even just creative just within the year, just because of the – some of the differing lineups, and having guys available, not having guys available, we’ve played obviously some very different offensive styles. And, so, no, I do. You feel his creativity week-to-week, and he stays really positive with it. Very positive, very confident, it’s all about – just find a way, alright. And if this isn’t working, or if this is different, then let’s adjust, and do everything we can to put these guys in position to succeed and to stop offenses.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.