ADVERTISEMENT

Maya enters transfer portal...

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Well, this is bittersweet.

It is with great pleasure but also a heavy heart that I announce I am leaving TrojanSports effective this weekend to publish a USC-based site for Sports Illustrated. While I couldn’t be more excited, and hope to see you at my next venture, this won’t be an easy place to leave behind.

In fact, I’ve struggled to write this note all week, more than anything else I’ve penned in five years on the site. It’s a bit daunting to express my thanks for what has amounted to the best job I’ve ever had. It hasn’t felt like a job, really.

Working for you guys has been a joy. That might sound funny, since there hasn’t always been a lot to celebrate around here of late. We truly have been through a lot together, including many things I never wanted to write about and you never wanted to read about. But we did it together. It’s made for a wholly unique experience for me professionally -- author and audience invested equally in the subject. In the team. Our team. I guess that’s why they call it the Trojan family.

I want to give a special thanks to Ryan for keeping me here after a change in leadership. Thanks for pushing me, preparing me and ultimately positioning me for this move. And for everyone else, whether you posted religiously or rarely or simply read my work, thank you as well. All I’ve wanted to do since college is cover USC football and, in spite of the program’s recent malaise, you guys made my time at TrojanSports unforgettable. I won’t forget all your support. I won’t forget you.

Fight on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News