ADVERTISEMENT

More on the Gaoteote to Ohio State rumor...

Chris Swanson

War Daddy
Jun 20, 2013
I haven't heard anything from anyone I trust around USC about expecting to lose Bishop Gorman five-star linebacker Palaie Gaoteote or moving on from him.

But a few of you have been asking me about a rumor that Gaoteote is going to flip to Ohio State. So I reached out to Gaoteote, his father and others about the matter. Neither Gaoteote or his father have commented yet and when they do, I will post immediately. But someone I trust in regards to Ohio State recruiting gave his take. This is what he had to say:

"Ohio State is going to get an official visit and I would say they stand a shot to flip him. I just don’t know. He has always been on the radar for Ohio State as more than just a ‘pipe dream’ in my honest opinion."

We've known that for a while. Ohio State was always a school that Gaoteote mentioned as an official visit destination. The Buckeyes, like USC, also recently offered Gaoteote's younger brother, class of 2021's Ma'a Gaoteote. Ohio State is also deeply plugged in at Bishop Gorman. In recent years, USC was beat out by the Buckeyes on recruiting battles for Bishop Gorman stars Haskell Garrett and Tate Martell.

I'll post more as soon as I have something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News