My crystal ball says ....

trojan_power

Senior
Gold Member
May 11, 2003
Helton is coming back because .....

1) players love him and are battling very hard for him
2) we're 5-1 in our last 6 games
3) we've had a ton of injuries and would probably have a better record without them ...... probably 10-2 (with a mature Kedon Slovis starting this season we'd probably be a one or worst-case two loss team and be Pac 12 champs)
4) we are returning a ton of talent next year and most importantly we have a stud QB coming back
5) our offense under Harrell is showing some really incredible potential (Helton is letting Harrell run things offensively)

So I think Bohn is willing to give Helton another year based on the above. I imagine there will be an announcement within the next week or so where Bohn states his support for Helton for the forseeable future. Yeah recruiting sucks right now but I think they might overlook that somewhat because of our returning talent level.

Defense and special teams ??!?!?!
I do think something has to be done with our defense because I just don't see how it is trending upward despite our talent level. Special teams is also a disaster. So I think there could be changes there. I think bringing in a top level D Coordinator would be a good thing. I like coach K and some of the other assistants but overall I think our D is underperforming so changes should probably be made.

So I think Clancy has to go. Not sure recruits and players really relate to him anyway.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News