ADVERTISEMENT

My opinion on Doomers vs. Sunshiners

Chris Swanson

War Daddy
Jun 20, 2013
JMO, but the sunshine pumpers should get along better with the doom and gloomers. The doom and gloomers expect more of USC's program and I think its fair to say everyone does.

In fact, the only reason doom and gloomers exist is because of how strong USC's program is.

UCLA's board (or Cal's, Arizona's etc.) doesn't have doom and gloomers. Heck, they don't have sunshine pumpers. They just all think the football program they root for sucks and they hope it gets better every year.

When the program you root for has doom and gloomers during an eight win season, it means you root for a really strong program. That's a good thing.

To me, it's much more unbearable when there's complaints about a 11 win season because better coaching would have, quote on quote, meant a title. To me that's a little silly because every team loses every year. Heck, USC, even with 11 national titles, only has a small handful of undefeated team, as does Alabama, ND, etc.

So I think some common ground can be found right now. You guys should save your fights for when USC goes 11-1 with an upset loss and the board is in meltdown mode. Hopefully (we can all agree on this) that happens sooner rather than later.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on everything. Enjoy tearing each other to shreds, carry on. It's 3 AM in Fla. and I have to be up at 9 AM. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight, hahahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News