ADVERTISEMENT

Note on Velus Jones

MikeSinger

Senior
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
This is from Josh McCuistion, the publisher at the Oklahoma Rivals site, on his premium message board:

Just wanted to get this out, was told late last night that Oklahoma is out of the Velus Jones situation. I think there is a feeling that no matter what they do the kid is set on heading to USC.

"He may flip 2-3 times but it seems like no matter the facts, he's going to USC," said one source showing obvious, and understandable, frustration.

It's recruiting and it's the final week so I'll never say never but I'd be surprised, based on what I was told, if Oklahoma spent any more time on this situation.

------

In my conversations with Jones over the past few months, he didn't even seem super interested in USC and didn't express interest in taking an official visit to USC. To see him revert back to a USC pledge to me is surprising because of everything that's gone on. I wouldn't be shocked if this saga continues. He didn't take an official visit this weekend, but who knows what could happen next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News