ADVERTISEMENT

Notes on the Hillary acceptance speech...

GaryTD

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2001
It certainly covered everything just like a 2600 page ACA. But here's the things that stood out to me. In her words and in parenthesis my questions unanswered).

"America is stronger because of President Obama's leadership." ( I won't even bother to address this, just each look at your own situations, or the daily news).

We will not build a wall. Instead, we will build an economy where everyone who wants a good paying job can get one. (but aren't some of those jobs to be taken by those coming across borders illegally) And we'll build a path to citizenship for millions of immigrants. (It's there already for legal immigrants).

Too many people haven't had a pay raise since the crash. There's too much inequality. Too little social mobility. Too much paralysis in Washington. Too many threats at home and abroad. ( And it started 8 years ago with 4 of those with Hillary on staff as Secretary of State to the White House-what's new?).

That's why we need to appoint Supreme Court justices who will get money out of politics and expand voting rights, not restrict them. And we'll pass a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United! (Lawless destruction of the constitution..great!! Adios 2nd amendment and more. ).

I believe in science. I believe that climate change is real ( uh...no, theory and speculation. Real things are predictable in their action) and that we can create millions of good-paying clean energy jobs (And the likes of Solyndra and its loss of $500 Million each of the people's money will add up quickly).

Comprehensive immigration reform will grow our economy and keep families together - and it's the right thing to do. (With limited jobs, additional workers are a problem).

Her Fixes: Companies should share profits with their workers, not pad executive bonuses (most do already? This sounds like it's from someone not familiar with businesses).

We should say “no” to unfair trade deals, that we should stand up to China, that we should support our steelworkers and autoworkers and homegrown manufacturers, (Didn't Hill and Bill sign up to many of those?).

If you believe we should expand Social Security and protect a woman's right to make her own health care decisions, (If you mean abortion say it, BTW all lives matter ...except for perhaps fetus lives to some).

Bernie Sanders and I will work together to make college tuition-free for the middle class and debt-free for all! We will also liberate millions of people who already have student debt. (So we tax the companies who now have less to invest in new jobs that won't be there when said students graduate? Needs lots of work...).

So how do we pay for all this? Same old ways that are plagiarized from many of other Liberal speeches.

"And here's how: Wall Street, corporations, and the super-rich are going to start paying their fair share of taxes. Not because we resent success. Because when more than 90 percent of the gains have gone to the top one percent, that's where the money is". (note...in the words of Biden....so much malarkey. The actual number now that the economy is picking up a bit is 52%. 90% happens when down at the nadir when very little profit is made -if any- and 90% of a small amount if at all, could go to the top 1%. If that lasted for a while the company would soon be defunct.)

Bottom line: Everything is awesome but she will make it more awesome, and promise the world until elected. There is nothing worse than putting a person in charge that doesn't understand economics.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News