ADVERTISEMENT

Odds and Ends

AlpineTrojan1

Alumni
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2012
Bay Area
I was driving home from a long day at the office/hospital today and I had two predominant thoughts whirring around in my mind. Look how many regions of the world have gone from being quite stable to being de-stabilized in the one year Biden’s administration has been in a leadership role.

1) Houthi (Yemen) rebels are lobbing missiles into UAE Abu Dabi de-stabilizing an area that only a short time ago was as orderly as it’s been in years. With the Abraham Accords working beautifully more Arab countries were planning trade with Israel and other mutually beneficial ideas. Now, all bets are off.

2) the Russians are engaging in war games off the coast of Ireland in their economic zone. This should have Ireland and the U.K. extremely worried. I believe Putin sees a feckless, weak leader in Biden and one of the worst Secretaries of State in Antony Blinken that the US has trotted out since the Obama/Biden years. Blinken characterized these last minute “get togethers” with his Russian counterparts as meetings and NOT negotiations. Weak and Putin is flexing his muscle and proving the point that NATO is disorganized and not all pulling on the rope in the same direction. Germany is dangerously tied to Russia for energy needs. Oil and coal being right at the top. They have dismantled the cleanest form of energy production by shutting down nuclear plants and have heavily invested in solar energy in a country know as pretty cloudy most of the time. Interesting decisions. In addition, and please correct one if I am off base, but Germany additionally is informing countries, in which they have sold them weapons and munitions, not to sell these to Ukraine!! Now, Ukraine is not part of NATO but why not support a sovereign nation?

Just some thoughts on my way back home. Never liked Trumps tweets; however, none of these shenanigans were happening while he was President. He and his Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, always negotiated from a position of strength and for what was in the best interest for America and our sovereign friends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News