ADVERTISEMENT

Once The Offense Catches Up With The Defense...

TWoftheHerd

Senior
Jun 7, 2016
Living In Your Head Rent Free
The team will start to look better. Sam needs to stop being so reliant on Deontay and take what's there...trust the other receivers that are open. The majority of his INT's are forced throws that aren't necessary...and that doesn't count the "almost INT's." This was my concern during the off season that Sam would try and do to much.

The defense played pretty well forcing 6 TO's, however, there are still some issues to work on. Loved watching the DL create pressure, and I love the way these guys get their hands up to knock down passes at the LOS. Uchenna has mastered this. I think the combination of Green and Rector on the line together is only going to get better as the season continues. Best hit of the night was CHawk knocking the Cal WR silly over the middle that was reminiscent of Kevin Ellison's blast on MeSean.

I would imagine that if Chase keeps up this type of production that he'll be on scholarship soon enough. His FG's were straight and deep through the goal posts...his longest would have been good from 50+.

Lastly, on 4th and 1 put Sam under center or use him more in the RPO to the outside, instead of always trying to go up the middle on a hand off. He doesn't seem to be making the decision to keep the ball and run like he did last season...gotta make the opposing defense respect that nuance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News