ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Democratic Minority Rebuttal Memo

SC55OU19

Legend
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2005
OK, full disclosure here. I actually read with full comprehension all sides of this issue including Robert Schlesinger's analysis & Byron York's analysis & I have read the Steel Dossier itself. I have read every word of the Schiff Memo. I have read the Nunes point-by-point counter point to the Minority Memo. And, admittedly, I find the Schiff Memo underwhelming - I'm sure no surprise to anyone. I also fault that the 4 page Nunes/Gowdy summary did leave out some key facts - BUT I'm sure the high level 4 page summary was not originally written to be part of a back-and-forth declassified debate (sigh). Anyways, I still find the Nunes/Gowdy high level 4 page summary substantively accurate - Especially, in light of the 7 page Grassley-Graham letter (including footnotes - much more detailed analysis of the FISA Warrant Application).

But this entire "in-the-weeds" debate is quite boring (YAWN)..let me explain.

Rather than argue point by point and getting into the weeds...here is my problem with this whole debate...this seems to be the "elephant in the room"...taking a step back and looking at "the big picture"...
  • Carter Page is not a target of the Mueller Investigation.
  • Carter Page has not been accused or indicted for any wrongdoing by the FBI or the Mueller Investigation.
  • The surveillance of Carter Page has not yielded any verifiable evidence of Trump-Russia Collusion.
  • There have been exactly ZERO indictments based on a secret court application to spy on Carter Page.
  • The Surveillance of Carter Page was a dead end, a dry hole. No there-there as to Trump-Russia Collusion or Carter Page Collusion. (it is possible that the spying yielded some good information for the CIA unrelated to Carter Page or the Trump Campaign - I do concede that spying on Americans in Russia might yield some valuable data collection for the CIA's database).
  • This debate should be about CIVIL LIBERTIES - is the FISA Court Process to Spy on American Citizens (violating 4th Amendment Rights) need some REFORM? Nobody seems to care.
  • The DEMOCRATIC PARTY is in FULL SUPPORT of SPYING ON AMERICANS - there is NO NEED to make any reforms to the SECRET FISA COURT PROCESS (EX PARTE) as it pertains to AMERICAN CITIZENS. This is the bottom line gist of Adam Schiff & Democratic Party!
This is the big picture view of this debate! Nobody seems to focus on this! SIGH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News