ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Opinion on Network TV Shows v. Cable

ph17taffy

Alumni
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
Here is a non-football or political topic for discussion. Would like to get people's input.

In the recent months I have surfed the network TV channels only to find that there is nothing that is on that looks interesting. I do have my favorite shows, but they are not on every evening - LOL!. I do not have cable TV, but do realize that they have taken over in the production of some better TV shows than the networks have - at least in recent years. At least this is what I am told or can discern from the TV ratings. I am talking about comedy, procedurals and serials. In the end, there have been times when I have actually turned the TV off for failure to find anything that would seem to keep my interest. The upshot is that this is very different from what I experienced in the 70's and 80's, especially. Shows were all over the networks - CBS, NBC and ABC, plenty to keep my interest.
So, I ask - is there a reason that network TV cannot maintain a consistent level of watchable shows? Is it that cable does it better? Any ideas? Or, maybe you have not experienced this change, but would in any event would like to hear your overall take on this issue. I thought this might be a good forum to ask, as I recall a few years back there was a thread that had everyone list their top five favorite TV shows.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News